Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Small Wonder

 I am a bargain shopper! Finding a deal is practically my favorite pasttime. I reckon that I save my family a couple thousand dollars every year just by being thrifty. I love clipping coupons and I adore shopping clearance, especially at the grocery store. I know that plenty of people look down on buying day-old baked goods or "manager's specials" from meat & produce, but for us it is simply a way of life. (I put the meat in the deep freeze as soon as we get home.)
One thing that I like best about shopping clearance at the grocery store is that a lot of the food we get is stuff that I would normally walk right on by, if not for that happy, orange sticker with the reduced price. We eat top quality steaks & chops, crab legs, tuna steaks, lamb and more from the meat deparment. And I am often able to pair our meat with a delicious assortment of "gourmet" vegetables like these delicious (& adorable) baby squash. This past week, we had grilled top loin with herbed, roasted red potatoes & baby squash... all bought on clearance and all super-delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment