Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't Blink!

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. I have to admit that it is much more fun to post when I have pictures to share (see "My Life Without Pictures"). I am happy to report that we have ordered a new camera and it should be on its way. I can't wait to get it!
So, July has been a(nother) busy month! Our most exciting news is that we bought a large play set for the backyard. It was just installed today, and Kyrie already loves it! Degen will need a little time to grow into it. A few weeks ago we went to the showroom with a sale flyer in hand. The kids played & played on the demo sets and trampolines. We are looking forward to this play set becoming a real center for our backyard life! I've already have two play dates on the calendar so that Kyrie can get a little help breaking the ol' girl in!
My thoughts flutter around a thousand different stories to tell about the kids and the happenings in our life:
Darren started switching out light fixtures, outlets & switches. Unfortunately, the wiring in our almost 60 year old home has never been updated. He has run into many troubling issues, so much so that he feels it is almost dangerous for him to continue the project on his own. He is disappointed with the entire situation.
A couple weeks ago, our cat Brutus caught a baby bunny and ran into the house with it. When I gave chase, he dropped it on the floor. The poor, stunned thing was unharmed so I took him out for Kyrie to see. She held him for about 20 minutes and loved every minute of it. When we told her she had to put him down, she cried and cried. We told her that when it's time to get a kitten (when our hunters have passed on), we can get a baby bunny to raise with it.
Degen seems to have arrived at the terrible twos. He's gotten quite whiny and demanding. Kyrie started the same thing around the same time. It's fairly frustrating, but it also coincides with an increased interest in play among the siblings. I am actually finding myself with brief moments of peace when both kids are happily occupied in shared play. It's a happy glimpse into the future. Though showing his "tough side," Degen is just too darned cute! He LOVES music and dance, and will break out in the cutest moves. You just can't be upset with him for too long. 
We are tentatively planning for a family trip to Los Angeles this fall that will coincide with one of Darren's business trips. I am very excited for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment