Beach

Beach
Los Angeles, CA 2015

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

Kyrie's birthday cake! The cake itself is lemon (per Kyrie's request) with both a raspberry and a vanilla cream cheese filling. This is my most ambitious cake yet, and I would be lying if I said I didn't have doubts as to its chances of making it to tomorrow's festivities (I will dub it "the leaning tower of cake"). It is the first time I have used rods to hold the cake together (first time with a double filling, too). It was a little difficult to ice because of the fillings. I am fairly proud of this cake, especially if I close one eye and scrunch the other eye up a little, too... then it appears quite beautiful. I hope that in Kyrie's memories, she remembers this cake that way!

1 comment:

  1. I wish Aunt Jess lived closer! It's beautiful, way to go Super Mom

    ReplyDelete